Well....some good news. Looks like I'm heading to Bots at the end of this month!!

Jaco and Gerhard have hunting party coming in to hunt elephant in the NG49 Concession that is on the western side of Bots near the Okavango Delta about 2hrs drive from Maun. Was invited to come along as a backup gun and Appy/waterboy.

Just finalized the tickets - flying Qatar Air as primary carrier from Miami. Flying into Gaborone first and spend a little time with Garhard and Maggie on Sass Post then drive over to NG49 and help finish up camp prep for the clients arrival. They are booked for 3 ele in 10-days. Should be a damn good hunt.

First time for me on Qatar Air with personal firearms. The transit process in Doha from other's who've gone before all say it is pretty seamless and easy. Will be a good practice run for the small group trip in June and Aug. If all goes well, we'll use Qatar Air for those trips as well.

Here's the only Swahili I know (spelled phonetically): "un gawa tea a bowana tembo" = "get the hell out of the way, elephant coming"....who knows maybe ol' Ian was having one over on me and I'm ordering up a double scotch and a hooker!!! laugh