Originally Posted by kaboku68
There is a lot of documentation of elephants having behaviors that indicate that they search for meaning. Many of the greater whales do this too. Would I hunt an elephant? Hell yeah! I don't think that they have the level of consciousness that we have. A old bull elephant becomes a problem for everybody involved like of like an old bull bison. I would go out hunting whales in the traditional Inupiat style in a heart beat. There are deeper things involved in our interspecies relationships that can not be easily explained. I also, and don't call me racist, think that the present living African and Asian Elephants were not as self-aware as the Wooly Mammoth that existed earlier. There is evidence that some of them lived to be more than 200 years old. I consider hunting to be a religious experience and the universal balance of our position on earth is connected to it. That is not to say that I don't feel regret and respect for the animals that I kill. I know that I respect many of the animals around me more than a lot of people.

IS- Thank you for calling me esteemed. It is the nicest compliment that I have received since being on here in 2006. Most of the time like other Conservative, Christian patriots, everybody ignores me.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.