I started with the Oehler M33 some 40 yrs back. It worked but was a pain to set up. My CED M2 lasted about a hot and messy minute. It would literally quit reading velocities during the late morning as the sun would reach a certain angle. CED replaced every piece of that unit, one piece at a time, over several months. The company president even called me while on a business trip to Hong Kong to verify I knew what I was doing. Love the Oehler M35p....except the set up time; especially on a public range day when the range has to be shut down to step out in front of the benches. LOVE LOVE LOVE my Labradar. Have yet to experience either item Mule Deer describes but then I don't shoot super fast nor super small bullets. I do use the external microphone for 22 LR.....and.....arrows....indoors to boot! Don't count on the Labradar indoors as their is too much radar wave scatter. The picture I'm posting shows the external microphone attached to the top of the rifle; I now simply set it on the bench surface under the barrel. In addition, if your range has closer target backers, such as the 25, 50 or 75 yd backers in the picture and you shoot over them to reach a longer range target backer, such as the 100 or 200 yd in the picture, the radar waves will, again, scatter, not picking up the shot. Oh, and a friend sold me the plastic aiming circle you see attached to the top of the unit. The little groove to use for aiming....bleeech!!!

Alan

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]