One excellent place that has hardly been mentioned (only once so far) is Tanzania. Yes, Zimbabwe has very good leopard hunting if you go with the right PH (I’m surprised Wayne Grant hasn’t been mentioned), Namibia has some but isn’t as widespread as people think (personally I would not consider Namibia as I believe there are much better options), Zambia is very good, with Luangwa Valley (Johnny DuPlooy of Muchinga Adventures)and Kafue areas (Richard Bell-Cross of Pro-hunt Zambia) both excellent but nobody talks much about Tanzania. Perhaps that is because of the cost of a Tanzanian safari. But...

There are some top shelf operations in Tanzania that have outstanding leopard hunting. As previously mentioned, Charl Van Rooyen has Mbaragandu and Nalika concessions, which border the southern side of the Selous. They are enjoying fantastic success on nice leopards. However, there are a couple others worthy of mention as they enjoy fantastic success on daytime leopards (personally, I would not ever do a nighttime leopard hunt. I’ve shot 2 leopards in daytime, so perhaps I’m jaded).

Mike Fell hunts Maswa North, which borders the northwest side of Serengeti National Park. He enjoys a very high success rate and kills some huge leopards, 180 lbs+ huge. He is excellent, though expensive, but produces fantastic results. My son and I hunted buffalo out of his camp in December of 2019, and though we were not hunting leopard, we saw sign in many places and it was common to hear one ‘sawing’ at night from camp. Also heard lions roaring more nights than not.

The other PH in Tanzania is Alan Vincent, who hunts Mlele in western Tanzania. I’ve known Alan since first hunting with his father, Roy, back in 1983. Alan grew up watching his dad hunt leopards in some great areas of Zimbabwe and learned well. I’m booked to hunt with him this fall, and while I did not originally intend to hunt another leopard, I’m mainly focused on 3 buffalo, Alan strongly urged me to include leopard as he told me Mlele is one of the best leopard areas he’s ever been in. He’s hunted all over Zimbabwe and Tanzania over the last 28 years, so he has a good basis for comparison. The area had been vacant for a couple years (Robin Hurt had it before) before Alan took it over last year. He only ran one hunt in there due to the pandemic but told me that, while checking baits mid-day, they twice drove up to bait trees to find nice Tom’s laying beneath the trees. He told me these are the least spooky leopards he’s ever seen, so I added another leopard onto our list to hunt. I’ll be the last hunter of the year, so will update in November when back home.

Last edited by CAelknuts; 03/14/21.