So, was thinking, which is dangerous for me, that as of late, I have been assisting one of my Technicians with his Hog Trapping, and as such I didn't really want to be packing either of my beautiful S&W K frames in .22LR & .22 WMR, nor my old Colt Woodsman as we bounced around the Swamp.....just in case we had occasion to flip, or wrasslin with a Hog I lost my grip on said Heirlooms.....so I stopped by an LGS on the way to Gainesville to see what they had in the case.

I was looking for nexpensive, but not junk. I was hopeing to find a good, used .22 LR handgun, but they had none in stock, except for a Ruger Bearcat that was more than I wanted to part with (Scottish heritage, can't help it!), and they had about 10 various configurations of the Heritage Rough Rider....but all had gaudy stocks of some sort, instead of plain wood....Hard PASS.

They had one, lone Ruger Wrangler in stock, at an elevated price, so I haggled, and horse traded, and finally got them down to about $30 over what the big box stores charge for them.....so I said I'd think about it and started walking out the door. After 30 seconds of tabulating the information that it was the only one they had, that said big box stores (Rural King) had NONE in stock, and that I had no qualms about purchasing at a LGS versus the Big store....I turned aorund and plunked my information down for the NICS check and said I'd be back after I finished doing the district chores I was on.

So, I am the new owner of a Ruger Wrangler in Stone Grey color, and I found an old El Paso cross draw holster that I had for it to ride in.....it's a little loose in there, but it does have a retaining strap. I will try some different fodder in it today to see where it lands accuracy wise. Has a 4 5/8" barrel, free spinning cylinder, and feels tight when thumbing back the hammer. First impression is that it's a solid little gun. I would estimate 3/4 size of my Ruger Vaquero, but still manageable. I'm hoping it has sufficient accuracy to be minute o Hog Brain at reasonable distance and coupled with the fact that at $229, if I were to drop it in the Swamp, I wouldn't be as heartbroken as say it were my S&W 48 No Dash .22 WMR.....

Will update after I try some of the rimfire rounds I have on hand.....Automatch, CCI, Federal Bulk, Armscore, Wildcat, Thunderbolts, etc.....

Y'all enjoy your weekend....

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~