Originally Posted by ConradCA
Why would you want 22lr or 22mag instead of a 38 sp?

Well, as stated previously, this will be used running around the Oak Mott's and Swamps checking Feral Hog traps. One side of the equation is that as part of this is Federal area, and as it's all regulated by license, they require a rimfire be used. Secondly, if theres a hog that needs to be dispatched, you don't want to use a lot of horsepower and have that bullet go rattling around a metal cage, or trap where a ricochet may hurt someone else, or damage the trap. Just pop them in the noggin and the piggie goes to sleep.

Thank you gentlemen, I do believe it will be a handy little tool for this purpose. Tried three barnds yesterday....while the Federal Automatch and Armscor did alright, the gun showed a prefernece for the Federal Bulk package Hollow Points I had along. Today I will try out the CCI SV solid nose......hopefully they work as well as the Federal Bulk. Would prefer a solid nose for this work I believe.

Was able to keep 6 rounds in aloose group the size of a styrfoam coffee cup at about 7 yards that I used as an impromptu target. That should work well enough for minute of Hog. Plus as others have stated, the cerakote finish should be a good thing.

LD, absolutley, no way I'm taking that 48 No Dash out into the swamp and losing it! LOL

Y'all be well and enjoy your Sunday!

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~