Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Ask this question of anyone who has experience with the 9.3X62 and you'll get a rousing "YES".

I love my 9.3x62 as a hunting cartridge, but it can't carry the 6mmppc in pure accuracy to 300 yards. Remember the smallest 100 yard 5 shot group tho is .0077" by a local Texas guy, Mike Stinnett. Mike was shooting a 30 cal wildcat based on the 6.5 Grendel case. I believe most all other BR records are by the 6ppc to 300yds.

I wasn't comparing the 9.3X62 to a benchrest-specific round. The thread is about "inherent" accuracy. The 6mmppc is "designed" accuracy and a leader in competition.

I've owned A Lot of sporting high power rifles of all flavors. I'm a trade'm looney and like to try everything new and a lot of what's old. As for inherently accurate cartridges, I've found the 9.3X62 (the seven I've owned) have all shot well with whatever I fed them. The most erratic I've owned were 25-06s and 270s. My break open combo guns in 222 Rem shoot like good bolt guns, unusual for combo guns and their shotgun-like triggers.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”