Accuracy is relevant to your application...period.

As a former benchrest shooter, hunter,and wild catter, I can tell you that many MOST calibers are unbelievably accurate. Quality of the barrel used, and how well the gunsmith indicated in the barrel is critical...this is an understatement

. Also, the reamer design vs the brass vs the dies used is also critical.

Now consider the stock and bedding.

The end result is handed to many that do not how to reload(if they do), do not know how to clean a rifle, nor have proper cleaning equipment, and do not have a rifle rest(sand bags) or rear bag.

Mule Deer's post as usual is spot on. I would add that the neck length contributes to the "Interference Point" as referenced to by PO Ackley by a lines drawn on the shoulder angle and where it intersects. I refer the readers to the PO Ackley hand books I and II for reference. This "Interference Point" is where the blast of gases intersect either in the throat or throat of the chamber. The further back the lines intersect, the less the throat errosion is. Example is the 6 Rem vs the 243 Win on interference points and where it intersects.

The Interference Point is much more important than most would ever give weight to.

Long necks are not popular yet.