Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Was told it's "not on our list" so used my voter id with photo was told "it's not on the list either" State trooper walks over tells Mr.Banker "It's got the State seal therefore it's a valid state id so give this man his money.' Didn't want too but they did.

It may be an issue for some banks but keep in mind tellers don’t make much money and this is a highly regulated industry where procedures matter greatly. A guy can lose his job for not going to the proper lengths to verify you’re you... especially if you complain (people complain about us NOT asking for ID as much or more than about us asking) or worse yet it turns out that guy isn’t you. They’re trying to protect their job, your money, and the bank from liability.

In big banks the manager might very well not care, but In smallish community banks like the one I work for if you ask to see the manager and politely explain your situation exceptions can be made.

I gotta guess most people wouldn’t appreciate a police officer coming into their place of business and bullying their entry level employees to break policy.

That’d really piss me off.