Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by rost495

Thats kind of interesting when it takes MUCH more to get a CHL than a DL. my TX CHL has my DL info on it... not required in AK.

I try not to use it as ID, no real reason, but say I didn't drive a car, what are you going to take?

States issue non-Drivers ID cards.

I agree with you on the requirements being greater for concealed carry permits vs drivers license. It’s above my pay grade to get to make the lists of accepted ID (honestly I’m pretty sure it’s like Homeland Security who provides financial institutions “guidance” on this stuff) but my guess is that everyone has a drivers license or state issued non-drivers ID card or passport and they’re easy to recognize as legit or not.

Can’t say as I agree with every jot and tittle of policy and the institution where I work grants leeway to people in my position to make exceptions as far as negotiating checks or withdrawals.

Come in to open an account with a non-accepted primary ID and that’s gonna be a problem I can’t get around. USA PATRIOT Act says so; money laundering for terrorists and drug dealers they say. It’s for your own good dontcha know.

And all that...

Interestingly enough a CHL is a non driving state issued ID card... But I totally get your side. Not that either of us agree that a CHL isn't carrying more proof than a DL or ID card.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....