Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by 1minute
My version sounds like a field full of crickets. Fortunately, I find that sound quite pleasant.

Yup...
Year round crickets since about 1971. Co inky dinkly, about the same time as I bought my .17 Remington

Doctors back then were undecided whether mine was from loud noises, or infantile fever during a bout of measles before I was a year old.
Doctor supposedly told my folks that if I lived I'd be deaf. And likely retarded.
106 degrees for a couple of days.

The old man, when I really screwed something up, was known to say, "that damned Doc was right!"

And yeah... It's funny....

The extreme tinnitus that some suffer, not quite as amusing...

Your comment on your old man evoked a giggle and similar verbal slaps from my old man. His two favorites were a bit different but same idea. "I know you weren't born stupid!" was oft heard as was, "Your mother's genes are really on display today, kid..." wink Rog', I'm feeling like a contributor now. Maybe shouldn't have taken you to that Garbage show at the Orpheum downtown a few years back. Thinking back I recall being confused when you asked me how much I paid for the Jefferson Airplane tickets... As an aside, friend or not, I'd have lost my shyt and struggled with not returning the favor, TWICE, to the sorry bastard whose stupidity and negligence cost you so dearly then and forever on out. Pretty much unforgivable, IMO. I almost always make it a point hunting or shooting w/people I've done neither with before. I like my hearing, so need people to not ever put it at risk, be it with a bird hunt or at a range. I'm lucky my tinnitus is very mild and sympathize w/those who suffer severe cases.