Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It could have also been on Wednesday and still match scripture.

My calendar says tomorrow, Friday, is the day.
My former Roman Catholic faith celebrates Good Friday. I've heard good evangelical pastors make a case for multiple Sabbaths and a Wednesday death. I tried to study this many times with an open mind. I have no argument over that Chuck.

The reason I keep coming back to Thursday, (if we can agree on Sunday as the first day of the week), is because of this.

Matthew 12:40
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

I don't worry about anyone who disagrees on exactly what day of the week Christ died. It's important though that we come to believe what our friend posted in Romans 3 above about this witness:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:.."
I Corinthians 15

Then if you will count exactly how many times God inspired John to put the word "believe" in His book, you will be utterly blessed by the number.