Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Scoffers like these also followed Jesus around. He confronted them constantly. Many passages in the gospels are his responses to them. A few came to believe in him but most did not. One of his classics is in Mark 9. Some Jews had accused him of using the power of Satan to cast some demons out of a man. Jesus had used the power of the Holy Spirit do it. He told them that you could sin against him or against God and be forgiven, but if you called the Holy Spirit evil, that was an eternal sin. There is no forgiveness for that. He told them to their faces that they were going to hell with no possibility of salvation.
He didn't mince his words. I wish I had even a tiny fraction of his ability to show scoffers their errors but I don't.

That passage, even as a little boy, always shook me up.

This is why I warn those that use God's good Name in vain. I fear that God might just give up on them sooner or later. When one of us shares the gospel, I fear that like Romans 1 describes that it will be too late.
I even have read someone referring to three men as the "Trinity" . I never even heard this kind of talk in my youth. It's getting worse, not better.