Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Sako76
TSCA was enacted in 1976. I've never been to Camp Perry, I find it hard to believe that there isn't any hard backstop and that high powered rifled rounds are being shot into Lake Erie where they can strike boaters, fishermen and swimmers. If that is the case, it could be an issue, I'm sure Lake Erie is a drinking water source for one or more municipalities.

Believe it. There is no hard backstop. There are buoys and signs off shore warning boats away but often the matches have to be paused due to "boats in the impact area." We used to think that boaters thought the bullet impacts were fish jumping.

Cleveland, Erie, Buffalo, Toronto, and Montreal, among other cities, are all downstream from Camp Perry.

I have heard that lead in the water is no threat to human or animal life unless dissolved by stomach acids.

There are thousands of major US cities that have miles and miles of pure lead water pipe both above ground and below ground supplies homes and businesses.

Lead cannot be dissolved or broken down by water

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.