Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
in an area with no Grizz. Which 5 would it be? Let's say it's bugout time and you get away from whatever it is with just the clothes on your back, but you've got a fully stocked cabin in the mountains and it's got the five guns you had the foresight to stash there along with a full supply of ammo. Possibilities are everything up to Griz and also self-defense.

01. Colt 6920 5.56mm
02. Smith and Wesson Governor 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 2 1/2" .410
03. Ruger 10-22 22 RF
04. Remington 870 12 Ga.
05. Colt Gold Cup 45 ACP

I could get by with the first three easily but the fourth is mo-betta and the fifth really is just added to duplicate the Governor. Going to town and CCWing would be made easier by the fifth even though it's not a real CCW piece. If I could add one more it would be my Ruger MkIII 22 LR with a full bull barrel.

If it's truly "Bugout-Time" and you have chosen something other than 22lr and/or what might be carried by a member of the military or law enforcement you're a slack-jawed booger-eating moron.
Indeed I may be a slack-jawed, booger-eating moron and proud of it, I might add, but if you'll peruse the OP, it said you leave wherever you're at with only the clothes on your back and your guns are already stashed along with ammo, at your uber cabin in the woods.

I wasn't being critical of your choices, merely quoting the OP hoping folks might read it again before making their choices. While not as widely distributed as the 9MM, 45ACP is a reasonable expectation for at least some military/Law-enforcement making the "Tri-Fuel" Governor and the Gold Cup as viable as any other handgun.

I saw a someone picked an 1100, better have a lifetime supply of O-Rings and the ability to pein/stake the mag-retainer bars back in place.

The guy who picked 5 Win 21's, they're just 2-shot shotguns in a SHTF scenario. There is no "intrinsic value" left there.

22lr
7.62x39
9MM

Beyond those, you're going to have to re-supply from folks that have been in combat.

He may have been talking about Glock 21's. ??

I'd say you could trade a Glock 21 for just about anything you needed in a SHTF scenario.

Could be, didn't think of that. Glock 21 is probably worth more for bartering than a Win 21 in this scenario......

Win 21 not my cup of tea. Glock 21 would be one of the very last to leave my stable.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH