Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by tpeavy
its been a RoUgH three days!!!!! It got so bad i had to make conversation with the wife

Yeah - it was so bad I attacked Big Tree in front of the deck, and repurposed it to rec cabin firewood for next winter. Spent most of Saturday, day beforehand, snow-clearing 30" on the ground for running room - 'Taint my first rodeo! (I'm that good! smile ).

Laid it down EXACTLY where I wanted it. Sideways to the lean/weight, tho it required wind (15mph from perfect direction), wedges, and wope. I mean rope, and a come-along. I'm marking that one on the calendar. Then 2 days getting rid of the slash, bucking , splitting, loading.

Pissed off the grouse, who likes to eyeball us from it, the squirrel (he better not forget it's gone, or the dogs will get him), the dogs (potty spot in snow time), and the wife , she being from eastern Montana, where they have never seen a tree.

In my defense, it was deep into beetle kill, and I wanted the little bastids gone before they emerged. It was dying, too big and close to the house, making it a fire/wind hazard, and fuggin up the sunshine on flower garden, deck, and back lawn. Not to mention evening time in the hot tub, which is going in later this summer. They need the access for the boom truck anyway.

Might post the epic on another thread. Or not.... Wood is on its way tomorrow to the rec cabin for seasoning. I hope the little bastids all die a miserable death without being able to reproduce (Caribou Hills fire, decade or so ago- mostly just charred snags now. I hope they like charcoal!).

I think my CF withdrawal DT's may be dissipating...... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'm disappointed, I was expecting a dog sled.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter