Not a nickel for police but the city is spending $6 mill on reducing gun violence. 1/4 of that will fund what amounts to unarmed social workers on patrol. I doubt I'll be applying for the job.

Home | America
The city of Portland, Oregon has approved a plan to spend about $6 million to combat a rise in gun violence, with $1.4 million of that going towards unarmed park ranger patrols, local NBC affiliate KGW reports.

"We know this work is important," said Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell, according to Fox 12 in Oregon. "It's some of the most important work we do 'cause it really impacts people's lives and safety every day."

He added, “So we have to figure out a way where we can be effective in playing our part and be a good partner. But I will say it's very difficult to do with limited personnel and limited budget."

Mayor Ted Wheeler said that "this ordinance significantly increases funding for community-based organizations that can help us with deterrence, intervention.”

The Portland Police Bureau will receive none of the $6 million in funding. $4.1 million will go towards community groups in the neighborhoods that have been most affected by gun violence.

"That's the big corner we turned today, from one where the community is at the recipient end of policing and safety issues to one where the community is now in the driver's seat," said the Latino Network’s Tony Defalco.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.