Hello Battue, this thread caught my interest and I saw your name and had to write. A bit before the global lock down I found the sport of shooting moving clay targets great fun. As a result I bought 2 gas guns and an over/under ( I'm in my shotgun phase) so I could participate. As an absolute rookie, I made a couple of random observations while shooting trap.

My best score has been with the SA.

Seems with the O/U I get more of the target with better breaks and not just chipping them. Gun fit? 60/40? What would cause this?

The SA doesn't beat me to death, 75 birds with the O/U and I'm about done. Watched women's Olympic skeet, all using O/U's and I'm completely humiliated.

Bought the O/U new, it's one of the B guns and it was stiff as a board opening. Triggered my tennis elbow in my left arm it did.

It was nice to not have to walk around and pick up all my hulls.

Fast forward 2 years and now my daughter at age 12 is showing some interest ( I showed her the Youtube video of Dania Vizzi shooting skeet). Need to find her a shotgun that fits and was thinking a gas SA 20 gauge. Am I going down the right road or would you advise a 28? I need to develope and hold her interest on this one, dad needs a hunting partner.