Originally Posted by 222ND
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 222ND
Anytime someone mentions the word bully it reminds me of Elmer Kieths book “Hell, I was there”. The story about the bully in the book was very entertaining. I’ve retold the story many times. The book should be required reading.

Let's hear the short version. I haven't read that book.
Keith family moved to western MT from Missouri. Boys were about 8 and 11 years old. Bully picked up younger one by his ears. Older one see’s what’s going on and try’s to help. They both get beat up. They go home and dad tells them if they don’t beat up bully within a week he will tan their hides. They pattern bully and lay for him. Priest happens to come by when the beating is taking place. Priest pulls Keith kids off bully and probably saves his life. Bully gets better after extended absence from school. Bully tells all new kids that come to school, that you can pick on anyone you want to around here, but stay away from those Missouri kids cause they’ll just kill you. I forgot to mention, the weapon the Keith boys decided on was some wagon spokes they got from the local blacksmith. I’m not much on typing so I hope you enjoy the story.

Yes, that was good.