Originally Posted by Ep3jflyer
Bugger, I got this Brown-Whelen because it got my curiosity up. I have a regular Whelen and a 350 Rem Mag,along with a 358 Norma Mag. I'm a big bore Lover myself.BTW Thanks for your service Marine, Retired Navy here. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for that and all the fine rides you guys gave us. haha -- I'm a sucker for big bore rifles and for something a little different.

Look at the big-bore forum regarding the 35 BW.

Those loads listed on that thread seems warm to me just because of how the author seems to have loaded to where there were 'signs' of too much pressure - then backed off a grain or two. "A person can get amazing velocity with amazing pressures."

I'd imagine that MD's rule of percent increased capacity, percent increased powder, will get you increased velocity might be the way to go.

Also there's a link, which I've lost for now that simulates the old Powley slide rule - that might be a good reference place.

When I bought the rifle the guy gave me some of his old reloads. I rarely trust some one else's reloads. But I measured the powder and his reloads seem to be about the same as Whelen loads. He wrote the loads on the side of the box, but I measured any how. I'm still not sure I'll shoot his loads.

Last edited by Bugger; 04/14/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally