Yes on the Brown-Whelen. Had one made up on a LH Sako about 4 years ago. Used a PacNor in #3 Dakota contour (their description), CM, 12 twist, 24".
Kind of did it on a whim-had the barrel left from a cancelled project and a buddy was getting one done up-so a quick trip to the smith while he had the reamer and gauges rented.
Dies, reamer and gauge rental available from CH4D. Ended up using Norma 35 Whelen brass fireformed. Even though the Norma brass is great, if I was doing it over, I'd buy the 30-06 basic brass (unformed 35W Remington brass I believe) and save the extra work and expense of the first fireform. Correct headstamp brass is available from Quality Cartridge I do believe. None of this is cheap or easy.
The rifle loves Partitions. RL15 with 225s and RL17 with 250s.
Not gonna give loads and velocities, but I think the B-W actually does what people think the AI should do.
I did drop from 5 in the magazine to 4 and had to do a little tweaking on the magazine box to get it to feed ok.
Only you can decide if all the trouble is worth it or not. If you are serious about building one, send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you a couple B-W dummy rounds and you can see what they look like.
Steve