Originally Posted by Gaschekt
Originally Posted by oldman1942
Enjoy your 35 Ws. It will soon revert to wildcat status and all those heavyweight bullets will fade away. The 9.3x62 will keep soldiering on as it has since 1905 before there was even a 30-06 for the good Col. and/or Mr Howe to neck up.

Next time you are hunting anywhere in the world try to buy some 35 Whelen ammo after the airline has lost yours.

I had a beautiful red pad 77 35 Whelen. Nice gun, accurate but not quite a 9.3x62.

So if you want one get one but don't try and blow smoke that it is equal to a 9.3x62.

One gun for anything anywhere ? The 375 Weatherby ..... read the new Rifle magazine.

False. This is the second year Iowa has listed the 35 Whelen right in the regulations as an approved rifle cartridge now legal during the shotgun seasons. Other states such as Louisiana have done the same thing. From what I'm seeing the 35 Whelen is just waking up. Drop anything 35 Whelen in the classifieds section and see what happens.

I do agree that the ammo as loaded by big green may not be the best choice for the big bears. But Remington actually used the Hornady 250gr round nose interlock in their factory ammo. That load at 2400 fps would be just fine for the biggest stuff. I read a story where Craig B. Actually flipped over a moose with this load.

Mississippi also list the 35 Whelen for primitive weapon season. Here in Louisiana the 35 Whelen is very popular and a 9.3X62 is no where to be found

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first