Originally Posted by cooper57m
Follow me here. The State has said that death was not from the neck compression interfering with blood flow to the brain (the knee would have only compressed one carotid artery and there are two that supply blood). Their position has been he died from hypoxia, or insufficient oxygen in the blood due to restriction of breathing. You can't breathe, your O2 levels drop and then the brain and heart die. That insufficient O2 in the blood is what was supposed to have killed him. That's why one of the State's primary witness was a pulmonologist.

So, after hearing all about hypoxia for the entire trial, today we hear that his O2 blood saturation was at 98%. That's not hypoxia. I looked it up and anything above 95 is considered normal and people with COPD often have O2 blood saturation levels in the mid 80%. My sister when she got COVID had O2 levels in the upper 80%. The defense is saying that death was due to a cardiac event possibly caused or complicated by the drugs in his system. If his O2 level taken after his death was normal, how could his death be from hypoxia or low O2 levels?? From my thinking (I know that's dangerous) that makes the defense's cause of death theory the correct one.

I was waiting for the defense attn'y to ask the pulmonologist how death by hypoxia occurs with an O2 blood level of 98%? No, I wasn't waiting, I was jumping out of my chair begging my TV for him to ask that question.

'Preciate the commentary. Good info.

Tarquin