my company , at least in America, is having its strongest year ever, and thats with WFH being mandated - all of our offices in the US are empty.

They are already closing smaller offices and renegotiating rates on bigger ones. There is a downside to it though as well - the perks we used to have at larger offices - an onsite cafeteria, fully stocked coffee stations on each floor, catered meetings, etc - all of that is going to be gone as well.

I don't have a long commute so part of me wants to go back into the office, especially with the freedom on choosing the days I go into work. But a part time model doesn't really make the office all that appealing - you'll never know who will be in the office, so I suspect all the offices will just become meeting spaces. If we go into the office at all, they'll need to mandate times for us, otherwise we might as well just work at home and video conference

I agree that office spaces rates are going to nosedive. You're going to have to offer something substantial to motivate people to use the office space post pandemic.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/23/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings