Originally Posted by bruinruin
I've been enjoying his pics on FB. Those peacock bass are really cool looking fish. Even though the swords didn't cooperate, I hope you guys had a good time.

As far as the road trip thing - If time and conditions allow, I'd welcome a long drive with good company. 1,600 miles of re-fueling stops, bad food, and sunrises and sunsets viewed from the road would fit right in amongst some of the crazy stuff my fishing buddy and I have gotten ourselves into. Stuff like fishing Lake Michigan steelhead from shore and having to wade through 30-40 feet of wave tossed, thigh bruising late winter ice chunks when wading out to cast or when fighting a fish has us laughing and shaking our heads when we look back and recount our experiences.

Getting a good sword captain isn't easy. I used to belong to a fishermen's group on Yahoo Groups called REALFISHERMEN. GREAT place to find and hook up with fishing buds and captains, until Randy, the founder of the group, passed away from cancer about 10-12 years ago. Including Randy, there were some guys in that group who really knew the sword game.

PS- Successful swordfishing, at least in coastal FL waters, is a mostly nocturnal exercise. Water depth is a big consideration and part of that game.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH