Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Urgent prayers request! Just had a call from ole Catfish Hunter. Sounded pretty thoroughly smashed. Me: "You boys OK, homey?" "Oh yeah we're good. Almost at the Texas border, making pretty good time" ME: "Right on. Listen, I don't want you to fall asleep at the wheel or anything. Promise me you'll pull over if either of you starts nodding off, OK? Who's driving right now?" STX: "Brian is" ME:"OK, cool. Ask Brian if he's good to be driving for me" STX: "OK. Hey Brian, you OK to be still driving L wants to know...Oh, I guess he's asleep actually..." ME: "WHAT!?!" STX: "It's OK, we're pulled over here on the side of the highway" ME: "Wait, WTF? Never mind. I'm praying for you boys or whatever. Call me from county tomorrow. I'm good for bail if you need it" STX: "Appreciate that buddy" ME: "Our father, who art in Heaven, please look out for this pair of wayward Texan madmen..." You can't make this stuff up!

One thing's for sure........................

I'm glad I "retired" from that lifestyle...............................mostly.

I still sleep on the side of the road on long as hunting trips though.

Usually no worry about needing bail.........................thankfully!

Thanks for the update on the fellas.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?