Been pretty busy lately, huh?

Have four under 7.5 pounds, all plenty accurate. Scopes up to 18oz. Light is nice, not necessary. My heavier ones are a pair of .270s which are really more gun than needed. My crossbow weighs maybe 8lbs, and is pretty awkward to tote. Nothing I shoot kicks much. Since my “reason” for rifles is based on using them to hunt, I try to run through the rotation to some extent every season, but the crossbow has been the only thing that’s made meat for the past three seasons.

I’m old, a little pudgy, but exercise regularly, and heart and lungs work fine. Main issue is tired old joints, and muscles aren’t much help if the frame is creaky. My average run in and out to where I hunt is about two miles. My deer hunting is about 50/50 treestand/ground seat. Hunting from the ground, I carry a cushion, a stool, or a seat that straps to a tree at ground level. Since it’s public land, days when it’s safe to still hunt are limited, and lately hikers, birdwatchers, and dog walkers have gotten more common, so I generally walk in, park my butt, and wait a while.

What fresh Hell is this?