I’m part of the crowd that likes lightweight, compact rifles with “mini hubbles” mounted on them 😉.
Actually I’m not sure if Bushnell LRHS 3-12 meets the mini Hubble definition or not.

My hunting is all on foot with pack, and my most important hunt every year for the past 18 yrs is sheep hunting, so I’ve always been obsessed with lightweight rifles. I also used to always use the lightest scopes possible and that resulted in my longtime main hunting rifle weighing 5.5lbs with rings + scope and I used it to take rams, goats, caribou, etc.

In my experience a light, compact rifle can be plenty accurate, but the scope can be a limiter for durability and difficult shooting.

My rifles are still very light and compact but now with a heavier, more capable scope, my shooting has improved. I’m still dealing with a total weight under 7lbs.

I don’t use any magnum cartridges, and for years I used 284Winchester before a rebarrel to 6.5CM in 2015 so recoil has never been a big factor.
The combo of lightweight, compact rifle with a heavier scope makes for a very capable package(hunting or at the range) and still within 7lbs total weight.

I like synthetic stocks because it doesn’t bother me when they get banged up. A wood stock with a blemish in it is a real mental problem for me so I avoid them.