Jim;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope that this first Sunday in May finds you and that wonderful family well and having good spring weather.

On the topic of adoption, since my late father had 10 brothers and sisters and my late mother had 8, there's adopted cousins on both sides.

Now of course I can't speak for anyone else but me, but I preferred the company of some of the adopted ones to those not and actually stay in touch today with them. They're my family 100%.

This past year on a sheep hunting sub forum on Faceplant there was a guy with my last name - Mehrer - which isn't common at all, so I asked him about it and we've gotten to know each other's history over time.

Part way through, he said he had that name though his step dad, so we weren't true cousins. My response was that his love of hunting, horses and fishing made him more a cousin than some of the ones who do none of that, so I'll just consider him my cousin somewhat more removed and we've carried on.

Lastly, a few of the cousins mentioned have contacted their birth families and some not - both for valid reasons I'm sure.

I wish you nothing but positive outcomes regardless Jim. That and all the very best for your fine family out there in the High Line country.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 05/02/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"