rufous;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day went more than less according to plan and all in your life who matter are well.

While I'm cognizant you asked about a 541T, I'll suggest that in a lifetime of fooling with various rimfire rifles, tilting at a windmill whose goal is 10 shots into a dime sized hole at 50yds, I'll offer the following.

There are usually front runners in the accuracy department such as Eley, RWS and Federal Gold Medal Match - but in some rifles some ridiculously inexpensive stuff will equal or beat them. One never knows until one tries.

Here for instance was an initial test at 25yds - 10 shot groups - with a Tikka T1X.

[Linked Image]

Usually I've had better success with standard velocity as opposed to high speed or hyper speed ammo and as mentioned usually waxed or lubed lead will do better than copper... usually.

Again though, one never knows until one tries.

For me, precision shooting with a rimfire teaches me all sorts of things about my shooting form and I believe it's a fantastic training tool.

Hopefully that was useful to you or someone out there. Good luck whichever way you decide.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"