Pugs:
Good morning to you my cyber friend, thanks for the reply and I hope all is as well as can possibly be for you all.

My goodness that's a fine, FINE group that Martini placed sir! cool

You're absolutely correct in that there's always exceptions and almost "no rules" as to what .22 rimfires are going to love or not.

For instance in the one photo I put up, I had some Imperial .22 ammo from the '80's that I'd picked up a brick of from an estate. I'll add it was pretty much all we could buy in rural Saskatchewan back in the day, so that's what we shot gophers and all else that .22's got pointed at with and thought it was at very least "okay". As it turned out, nothing in the safe really shot well with it, so it went to a buddy who had a rifle that at least didn't mind it so much.

Now to be sure sir, I was not even remotely educated on .22 rimfire accuracy until we'd moved to BC and another chap and I were running the center fire portion of the gun club's annual turkey shoot. This "little old guy" was running the rimfire portion and as we were both early, he pulled out a bull barrel Anschutz single shot bolt rifle - sorry not sure which one - had a Biathlon/target stock with a vertical grip and flat fore end - but also an El Paso Weaver 16X Target scope with a very small dot reticle.

He let me shoot it at 50yds to see if it was sighted in - which it was and I was gob smacked at how well it shot. Somehow I must have passed some test in his mind, because he chuckled then, went to his car and brought out a box of Eley Match.

"Try these now son" was all he said..... wink

While I can't say that the clouds parted and doves hovered about me Pugs, it was as close to a ballistic related epiphany as I've ever experienced! laugh laugh

From that day forward until now, I've been chasing that elusive 10 shots into one ragged hole - like the Brno No 5 did at 25yds - but I want to do it at 50yds. Oh, I wish it to be in a repeater too Pugs, so that leaves out fine arms like your Martini and single shot bolt guns like my now long gone rimfire mentor had.

Lastly, as my good wife points out more and more often, I now have become that "little old guy" who drags interesting stuff out of his rig at the range. Funny how the twists and turns of life take us back to where we've started sometimes, you know?

Thanks for the photo and adding to a fine thread sir.

While I've handled a couple Martini .22's over the years, I can't recall shooting one, but was always impressed at the build quality of the ones I saw.

All the very best to you all.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 05/06/21. Reason: added info?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"