RickyD;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's a fine one down in Iowa for you folks and all who matter to you are healthy.

The pickle we have in my section of the Great White North is that stuff like SK, Lapua, Sako - is never, ever seen.

We get to see some Eley and RWS once in awhile - but that comes from a buddy who travels for work and stops at sporting goods stores to pick up "interesting" .22 match ammo for his little bald friend.

I would love to try some of the "other stuff" I see you good folks south of the medicine line get to play with, but so far it's unobtanium up here.

Now given an open PO from the budget department, I'd order up a sample pack like my buddy in the Yukon does every spring for the Biathlon team. They order a sample from each new lot of ammo from the major match suppliers so the kids can run each lot, make notes and then they'll order.

He's part of the Biathlon club up there and part of his duties are ammo procurement. He told me the dollar figure annually and I just forget now what it is/was, but I do recall thinking it'd buy my 40th Anniversary Mustang rag top without batting an eye! eek laugh

The crazy thing to me is how good the ancient Winchester bound for South America shoots in several rifles. Luckily I have a few bricks, a chance pick up at a prairie gun show by a nephew who is very kind to his old uncle.

Thanks, all the best to you folks and good luck with your rimfire shooting quest.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"