This is my first year ever using a 20ga, have always used 12's and 10's. Using the Federal TSS 20ga 3" #9's and, I admit, took me a while to get over the #9 shot. That's always been skeet sized shot.

The first bird to fall to this set-up was a big, mature, NW Illinois bird in the Galena area. He was just outside of 40 yards and not coming an inch closer. The TSS load dumped him with the same authority I've seen in the past from 12's and 10's. And he hit the ground at the shot, and not one twitch! No flopping around with feathers going everywhere, bang = dead.

Just got home from trip number 2 last night from up in central Wisconsin, just South of Mauston. Anything would have killed this bird, maybe 15 yards away. So no real testimony for the TSS.

But the biggest advantage to me with the TSS shot, is I'm able to use a much lighter and more compact turkey set-up that still delivers a huge punch. Where I hunt, mainly IL and WI, 20ga is the smallest bore I can legally use, so no 410 option. Otherwise I'd have another use for my old Winchester model 37.

One more trip coming up. I was able to get a "leftover" tag for NE Wisconsin up by my place in Algoma.

I'll continue to use TSS shot, it's performance is fantastic.

Now, have to figure out how to get pics from my phone into this thread! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member