A couple of interesting things in that story, for me at least who used to live in the area:

“A lot of people were very upset,” Mr. Johnson said. “Here we are, an L.D.S. community, and we have the biggest marijuana farm in the world. That was a little bit rough.”

Well, yes, there are a LOT of LDS folks in the town, but it's not like it's a compound, or even a commune where everyone in the town has to be a believer and if not they are excommunicated. It's an American town, and non-Mormon folks live and do business there. It's not Colorado City.

The greenhouse was located in Arizona’s White Mountains, with high exposure to the sun, protection from extreme winter weather and access to a large aquifer.

Well, I guess there's a large aquifer there, but how long it remains so might be a good question to investigate. Given the state of drought in the west, and especially in that part of AZ, it may not be being replenished well. When I was in the area 20 years or so ago, depending on snowfall in the previous couple of winters, springs would run nearly dry and water sources used for fish production would get a bit dicey. "protection from extreme winter weather" ??? I guess the fact there are few blizzards might make some sense in regards to that statement. But, I saw negative 11F one of the winters I was there at about 1000' elevation higher than SnowFlake. Probably reached about -5F there. And it freezes most nights from Sept to late May. But I guess in a greenhouse that's not too bad.

Marijuana gonna be the end of civilization, all them colored folks brought this on doncha know.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?