If I chose to go with a scout setup, I would just build one. Accuracy is important, but less so for long distance with a Scout rifle. Idea is fast handling shots inside 200 yds. Not that you couldn’t stretch it further, but a shorter range use is the concept. Aimpoint sights or EER scopes at 1.5X-2.5X with 20mm-30mm Objective lens is also the concept.

Building from the ground up would provide exact fit and finish desired. Buying Defiance, Terminus or Lone Peak SA with 3” magazine capability, which are Remington 700 SA footprints making stocks, barrels, triggers and bottom metal readily available at reasonable cost. Barrels would be drilled for scout rail mounts and setup would be no more than 20” barrel, 18” may be more preferable. 308 Win is typical concept, but 6.5mm CM, 7mm-08 Rem, 338 Federal and 358 Win would be fine. Could put together for about $2,400 (scope not included). Nothing against Steyr scout rifle, but you’re going to pay $1,400 - $2,000 (scope not included) for a factory rifle due to novelty interest that won’t match up to the build. 376 Steyr Scout (LA) would cost at the upper end as they were very popular. I’d rather have a custom fit for that kind of money. Only one man’s opinion.