OP here. I appreciate all the thoughts on the Scout. It is a polarizing rifle, definitely a “love it” or “hate it” kind of thing. My interest in it is to not actually use it in it’s true Scout mode. I would mount a compact 2.5-10x traditional scope on it in the rail slots over the chamber and stick with flush mounted 5 round magazines. I like the idea of the spare mag in the buttstock. I also want to do something blasphemous and run a short muzzle brake on it which will allow me to connect a suppressor easily. It’s the darn 1/2x20 threads Steyr is cutting on them which is causing me fits as no one in the US threads a brake for (at least not one that will allow a Silencerco Omega) to QD onto). I saw a 1/2x20 to 5/8x24 adapter last year but they have seemed to dry up and disappear. I keep hoping “next year” Steyr will come to their senses and thread it 5/8x24 in the same manner Barrett did some of their Fieldcraft models by leaving some “meat” at the end to allow for a proper shoulder to attach to. Maybe in 2022, I can wait another year!

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff