Originally Posted by 1minute
Chopped a 1906 Gustaf Swede down to a 24" barrel, beavered out a new stock, installed a Dayton Triaster trigger, put on a butter knife bolt handle, and its 117 year old tube consistently deals out 1/2 moa accuracy with 140 grain Noslers. Was originally purchased as a truck gun, but it lives in the safe beside Weatherby's, Remingtons, Winchesters, Rugers, and a Sharps. One of the cheapest but most accurate units in there. Those folks seriously knew how to manufacture a rifle.

For initial tests, I assembled a ladder load series ahead of IMR4350, and every slug tucked into an area that could obscured by a quarter. Will have to stretch it out a few hundred yards to maybe get a valid assessment.

Your cut down Swede sounds cool. I damn near bought a Kimber of Oregon sporter model made from a Carl Gustaf m96. I figured there would be a good chance it would digest the ammo I load for my all original Swede/Carl Gustaf m96. It's tempting, but he wants too much for the rifle. He's wrongly thinking it has a lot of value because it has Kimber written on it. I'd rather have a Tikka and take full advantage of the potential of the 6.5x55 cartridge, but then that ammo probably wouldn't be safe in my old military rifle... Kind of a catch22...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA