Originally Posted by gunner500
I think the little Swede with the 147 horns leaving at 2950 is going to do a bang up job on deer, pigs and maybe antelope in Wyo this season, was listening to the screeeeeeeee as the little bullet made it's way there, then the WHUMPPP! i knew she was toast.

I may drive 40 miles to look at the sporterized carl gustav Kimber of oregon rifle tomorrow. I was pretty impressed with the old girl today. She did great in the shoot. I had 4 matches. 4 off the bench and 4 off hand with combined scores for each. Of course I knew the bench scores would be good (97-1x) (98-3x) (96-1x) (97-3x), but my offhand was lacking and brought my scores down. Shot against some high power shooters that run the circuit around here. One guy shoots 4 times per week at different clubs. He wanted to buy my old swedish mauser. I told him NO!!! Its funny, he and his buddy from Vancouver, who also shoot service rifle matches and high power, were both watching through their spotters behind me. I think I made them nervous. Both of those guys shot damn well, one of them almost matched my bench score once, but dropped one point behind me on the match I shot the 98-3x on. That group measured 1 1/2" for 10 shots, but was a hair high. I was using 3 different loads, but not by choice. I ran out of the 140gr Sierra's and then went to the 15 Barnes match burners I had loaded up, Then in the offhand events, I was using the 143 Hornady ELDX loads. Combined scores were not great, since I dropped some points in the offhand events. Just haven't been practicing for the offhand events this year. Fun to watch the high power guys in their jackets and big gloves though.. Or should I say funny... I was wearing my Sea Bees jacket today and said to one of my club members that I wanted a fancy shooting jacket like the ones those guys have and the old retired Marine told me the jacket I was wearing means a whole hell of a lot more than their "fancy" jackets do. He's right.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA