Ed in the 3rd ed'n on page 258 bottom paragraph left column. Model 629-3: The Magna Classic Stainless
CALIBER: .44 Magnum. Double action revolver built on the round butt N target frame with 3 screws.. the right column in 258 and all of 259 are cumulative listings of the compiled Variations of the 629. No other descriptions covers your gun. On page 200 they tell of the m 29-5 magna classic blue( again a round butt N frame. Notice the grips smooth finger groove round butt I've seen them on the short barred 629 Lew Horton special. I like to know about the things I have , I have a set of those grips. On page 260 you'll find a compiled list m629 variatiations , product Codes and features 103606 which is on the end flap label of your box. On page 400 you will find 3 letter prefixes to serials in this year range. If the serial on your box and gun match you should be golden. In the crane cut out on the frame the serial there should match and model number say 629-4 or 629-3?. Naturally the possibility of my research could be faulty but nonetheless I think you have a fairly rare variation of the 629- 3 or 4? Could dang well be worth 2-3 times what you paid for it as a shooter to a well heeled collector . Until you know exactly what it is I would not modify any thing else. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 05/24/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "