Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
Originally Posted by Colorado14er
Frank and Jesse James along with Cole Younger are cousins of mine somewhere on my dad's side.

We may be kin.
My Mother's maternal Grandmother was a cousin to Bersheba Younger, Mother of Cole. Their maiden name was Fristoe. My Mother's last surviving sibling has told me of their Grandmother, who knew them, saying " those boys didn't do everything they were accused of". I've not found any family connection to the James's but the Dalton's were cousins to the Youngers.
Bersheba, Cole, Jim and Bob are buried in Lees Summit in the cemetery on the west side of 281.

They used to live up the street here back in
the 1800's with Belle Starr when they called
this neighborhood the old Scyene community
When I was young, there was the remnants of
one of the old livery stables that rented horses
and buggies and leased stable stalls.
An uncle used to lease it for his horse pasture
years ago.

The father of Cole and the rest was Henry, who was wealthy and owned liveries and had a Postal concession and from what I've read was a peacefull man who did his best to remain neutral to all of the political drama but was robbed during Jim Lane's raid on Oceola and on other occasions and eventually murdered while traveling on business near the Little Blue just east of KC and when found was still wearing a moneybelt full of $$$. So not a robbery.
I wish school children would learn about the Jayhawkers and Red Legs and Jim Lane and General Order #11 but that's all being omitted. Might just change the narrative of what really happened.

Last edited by teamprairiedog; 05/26/21.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla