Originally Posted by llama2
He is a couple, don’t know how wild they were.

- Abraham Lincoln is my 3rd cousin (5x - generation’s removed)
his GG (Enoch Flowers) grandfather is my 7th GG. His daughter Rebecca Flowers married John Lincoln and her sister Elizabeth Flowers is my 6th GG.

- Cyrus McCormick - inventor of the reaper is also my 3rd cousin ( 5x gen. removed). We share a great grandfather . Cyrus McCormick was also born same year as Lincoln ( 1809).

- John Finley is my 6th great grandfather, and he was a good friend and path finder guide of Daniel Boone.

- Polly Finley ( wife of Davy Crockett ) is a cousin of mine. See above, she shares a GG of mine and John Finley.

A few other interesting people, ( even a couple Native American wives thrown in) but no others as well known as some of the ones above.

My family has extensive records of Geneology since most of my ancestors lines have been here in US since 1600’s. Most were big farm land owners and patriots that have been here for long time. And most of those sons and daughters tended to marry into the various big families that were in the area.

Besides my Geneology records that we have, I have been able to confirm through DNA match’s these record connections.

Most all of my Dad’s side of the family came from the farm lands in Pennsylvania. Schooly’s; McCormick’s; Hunter’s; Oakes; etc.

Looks like we are related...mccormicks here too along with Finleys...polly and John. Small world.