Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by jimy
People will say that their kids aren't interested, that's just bullsh~t, you don't start when they are ten, I carried my daughter through the woods every weekend in my back pack all winter long, teaching her tracking and feeding areas and showing her where predator's killed wildlife.

We walked trout streams in the summer building rock dams to deepen the water, in shaded holes, to keep the trout alive during the hot summer months , we built dozens of blue bird houses and cleared fence lines of brush while building cover for grouse and rabbits. Simple but fun stuff to do while spending time with our family.

We collected owl balls and dissected them, to see what the local prey was, she had hundreds of mouse, chipmunk and squirrel skulls and a ton of femur and other bones, and could readily identify most of them .

Today she has a chemistry, and a micro biology degree, she runs the lab at our hospital, along with being one of the better deer hunters in our area !

Kids will only be what you put into them, you can put time effort, and love, or you can complain when they marry a drunken unemployed wife beater ! The choice is yours to make !

Sadly far to many people choose a new Harley, some art work and a set of bolt on tits, over teaching your kids a great way of life.

Just for curiosity, where did the rock dam building in trout streams and grouse habitat improvement occur?

North western PA !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.