Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
At what number of rounds do people find the need to trim the Swift? I have yet to need to do it, but I am only on my 2nd loading on most of my brass. Same with the 300 H&H, another cartridges that is supposed to require more trimming. I thought I would have to trim them by now since they are on their 2nd and 3rd firing, but there is a lot of room left to grow.

It all depends. Chamber, quality of brass and how hard you push it. No set rule. In my situation I neck size only until after firing 4 times, at that point I always full length size, anneal and trim the brass back to 2.20 as my swift shoots better with a little longer neck. I also have a neck turner so if the brass does thicken at the neck or I start getting the dreaded donut it’s easily taken care of. Going this route I have some Norma brass that’s on it 16th firing. At this point all I use is Norma as Remington and Winchester brass really went to sh*t as far as quality. The last of those I bought had Winchester black bag was a 30% cull rate and the Remington was worse which is a pure shame as I have some Win stuff bought around 02 that I am saving as it was just as consistent as any Norma.

Thanks.

I have Norma and Hornady.