the reference sources i have support my post. i am not familiar with mr landis work. harvey donaldson was a giant in this area, and his best effort, the 219 wasp didn't come out until the late 30s. if efforts to develop the 22 250 started in 1909, why did the hornet attract attention when it came out in 1930?

obviously, in 1909, powders weren't available to make the swift or the 22 250 work.

as to fast twist,the military has different objectives than hunters. does the velocity you lose balance out the increase in bc? i think there are a lot of guys, who are still a minority, who look at most any cartridge and say that the developers should have done something different. i think most of the guys who develop cartridges know what they are trying to do. .the overwhelming majority of the most popular cartridges are rather old.

good discussion though. i got my first swift because they were trading them in for 243s. i got my first for $65. i have had a 22 250 and it is a great round. it has fairly won the popularity contest.

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!