Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've had lots of Swifts(Remmie,Ruger,Sako,Winchester,Custom) and shot a lot more. Brass has always been an issue,as relative quality goes and spare me the Norma bullschit

I agree and understand some of your hatred of the Swift, it is an old fashioned poorly designed case.........
That said it still works and works well, the only reason I will always have one in my gun safe is the nostalgia factor.
It was the first center fire I ever bought when I was a teenager it served me then as it does now, shot about 50 prairie dogs with it yesterday and it still works great !!!!!! I shot many more with newer designed cartridges but nothing wrong with the old either, I prefer the Norma brass because it is much better than anything else for the Swift. sure you still have to trim it but not near as often and I have never had to neck turn it.
Obviously you are more a fan of the Gaymoor and Speedmire that have no nostalgia, but it's all good if you know the cartridge limitations and how to use it properly.....hint

While I do agree with most sentiments you posted especially nostalgia which has basically kept the Swift alive. That said, not all Norma brass is created equal. I bought 300 rounds of Norma Swift brass in 25 round padded boxes back about 2010 fully prepped. Bought 300 rounds bulk at about 40 cents less, big difference cull rate on bulk was 10-15 %.

Swifty