Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Look up Dr Pepper pulled pork in adobo sauce. It won’t be bland.

Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork

2 whole Large Sweet Onions
1 whole Pork Shoulder (Butt) about 5 To 7 Pounds
Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 cans (7 Ounce) Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce
2 cans Dr. Pepper (I used 20 ounces from a large bottle)
1/2 tsp Cumin
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.

Peel the onions and cut them into wedges. Place them in the bottom of a large dutch oven, sprinkle cumin across the top of the onion wedges.

Salt and pepper the pork roast, then set it on top of the onions in the pan.

Pour the cans of chipotle peppers over the pork (including the sauce.) Now pour in both cans of Dr Pepper. Add brown sugar, stir in. (After 4 hours of cooking I tasted the sauce for the balance of heat against sweet, which led to me using an extra tablespoon of brown sugar).

Put the lid tightly on pot, then place pot in the oven. Cook for at least six hours, turn the roast two or three times during the cooking time. After 6 hours check the meat, it should be falling apart (use two forks to test.) If it�s not, return to the oven for another hour.

Take the meat out of the pot and place on a cutting board. Use two forks to shred meat, pick out any large pieces of fat and discard. Strain as much of the fat off the top of the cooking liquid as you can and discard. Return the shredded meat to the cooking liquid, and keep warm until ready to serve (I placed it in the oven, covered at 200 degrees).