Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Recently bought a place with a indoor horse riding arena - 96’ft x 120’ft...Don’t ride, but, I do shoot. Wifey is all in.

Winter, I will bring in clean dirt, build support walls and barriers, upgrade the lighting. Replacing the gutters and drain lines this summer to fix the water seepage.

Then it’s set steel and cardboard targets. Done.

Wish ammo prices would come down by the time I’m finished...That ain’t gonna happen.

🦫

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I understand your perspective, but that would be an awesome indoor arena!!

But since you’re going to screw it up, put in some urban combat handgun courses.

The original owner back in 1999 had this placed dialed in for horse riding. There are horse trails all over the property that run for almost 2 miles with all the switchbacks.

We bought the place for the seclusion. There is a second large shop that sits across from riding arena that holds tractor, equipment and toys.

The pistol range will be built for enjoyment and stress shooting, depending on what you feel like doing. CQB with AR’s and pistols is part of the plan.

I’m fully retiring from painting in 3 months. After the 2021 hunting season. I’m spending my time building the range.

I’m looking forward to being off high ladder work.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”