Stupid SHOULD hurt! This is the same type of person that would scratch a itch in his crotch with the bar of a running chainsaw!? Ouch!

8 million new gun owners, scary stuff! I hand out the business card of our one of several local firearms trainers with most of the guns I sell lately.

In addition to National news reports, like this, we’ve (the LGS where I work) been informed of THREE local “special people”, only ONE of which I know the person. In no particular order:

Darwin candidate 1:

Guy buys a Beretta Tomcat (.32acp w/tip up barrel). Goes to range to shoot. After shooting session, he goes home and want to clean his gun. Racks the slide to take the round out of the chamber, THEN removes the loaded magazine (slight order of operation problem), then proceeds to put a round through his leg. The damn thing has a TIP UP BARREL!!!!!!!

Darwin candidate #2 (told to me by a friend that works at another gun shop):

Guy comes rolling up to the gun counter with one of those “skateboard type contraptions” that people use after leg surgery. You know, the ones that keep tour leg at a right angle?
Well, he asked my friend if ha can look at a Benelli M4, and while he’s looking at the firearm, asks my friend: “don’t you want to know what happened to my leg?”. Then proceeds to tell my friend how he recently had put a 5.56 round through his leg from an “unloaded” AR-15. My buddy grabbed the M4 back. No sale (safer for the rest of us).

Brainiac # 3:

Story from the local gun range. Guy blows his own hand off with a 12ga Kel Tec KSG last weekend.

I tell you, working at a gun counter this past year will make you want to move to the sticks with a LONG driveway, 3 angry Rottweilers, and a sign that reads: “mine field” in the driveway!

-TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"