In 1977 we used a 77 Pontiac Ventura 4dr. Pussufied no guts.

Connecticut Motor Vehicles sent an examiner to the school and we took the written and driving tests at school. I was waiting for my turn watching out the window for the car to come back.

A cute blonde returning found out she was going to fail and lost it on approach. She came in to hot screeching brakes and hit the wall of our classroom. Freaking room went nuts laughing.. I was next, went out with the shaken DMV guy. He told me to slow down on a curve, he was still reliving the previous test. I passed.

Fast forward 8 years another driving test. This time I’m driving a 1973 Hahn 1500 gpm pumper with an 8v71 Detroit. I don’t remember the model Allison in that pumper but it had ranges. We used 2 gears 3 and 4. Straight pipes it was loud as f#ck without the siren. The examiner this time was a small male with a disability. He jumped up looked at me and asked if he could ring the bell. I drove for the next 15 minutes and he yanked the cord on the bell the entire time. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Next guy same thing. He loved the bell, lol.