I'm with Kurt52 - its more about the conditions, animal position, etc. I regularly shoot way farther in practice than I would at game. A couple of things that can help in practice is to borrow from cold-bore rifle practice and make your first shots of a session the hardest. Also, good 3D shoots can help give you an idea of comfort range. I shot in one recently where the max distance on a 25-target course was 112 and the closest was 47. The hardest shots on the course were some of the closer targets that were in difficult settings and at steep angles. Another thing that helps it to introduce some stress into your practice, like getting a quick shot off at odd ranges, or shooting against buddies, especially the type that like to sh*t talk while you are shooting.... I like to pick odd ranges to shoot from too. Instead of shooting at 60-80-100, I might do 63, 74, etc. Its more realistic. All that said, my comfort range in real hunting situations where I'm cold, tired, etc. is probably around half my comfortable target ranges.